me, in my mind

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

more man issues and circus news

So first, I'm really tired of finding cool guys to fill my current dating void, only to have them end up identifying as poly in their preference or some such crap. I hate how it's trendy to whore around, so much so that now there's a hip new name for it, because I guess "swinger" went out of style in the '70's. I'm talking about fire guy, who I'm still tentatively hanging out with, but he's basically got a girl in every port so to speak yet still identifies as single. Uhh, dude, if you've been screwing the same girl for a year and seeing two others on and off, you're many things, but single is not one of them. Sigh. I guess that's what I get trying to draw from a pool of crunchy, "alternative" people like fellow performers and fire people. Oh well, they're all still fun to hang out with, so at least I've made some new friends. A silver lining of sorts.
As far as circus, I had a meeting today with Lexi, the other aerialist from TG about starting a company of our own that would hit up 2 main markets: the fetish scene and, get this, the anime convention circuit! I was looking at a page that had a list of every con in the world and there were at least 200 links. Even if one out of every 10 cons brings us on board, we'll still have enough gigs to, hopefully, keep the company afloat. Lexi's meeting with a graphic designer of tuesday to get a website up and running, but we need a name for our company, because right now it's just a number. Actually, we need 2 names, one for the overall company, something gender neutral, maybe a word that implies a group but not one that as anything to do explicitly with circus. The site will divide into 2 parts from the main page, with the more fetish-y area labeled as "skybound" but we need something similar for the anime section. Anyone know of a japanese word that might work? Or an english one, I'm not picky. Something implying the air or sky but with a twist that would be recognizable as anime-specific...
Grr! I'm still a bit bummed about fire-guy. Am I being too prudish? Is monogamy out of fashion/an unexceptable expectation? Should I pursue him anyway? Suggestions?
oh, and here's a pic of octopus lady from TG...Some/many of you seemed intrigued..

3 comments:

  1. oh octopus lady, there are so many things to love about you! I love octopii! and I love sexy girls! strangely, combining them is a little disturbing, but also a little intriguing.

    Don't give up hope on monogamy! if it's what you want, stick with it. it IS possible. some multi partnered people can change their minds and become single partnered, but only if they want to. it's just a matter of finding someone that wants the same thing. it may take a while but don't settle.

    As for a sky name that's anime-ish. you could always think of something sky related and add "maru" to the end of it. Seems to work with ninja names. Like Azuremaru. Azure is another word for sky, and maru makes it anime-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azuremaru..actually, that's not bad..
    yes, lets all bask in the disturbing awesomness of Octopus lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember how I believe that God is a big giant octopus that lives at the bottom of the ocean? I think octopus lady may be one of his Goddess Concubines :)

    Perhaps she's the Goddess of Love. Or Awesomeness. Or Understanding. Or Death. I haven't decided yet. Maybe she's all of them.

    ReplyDelete