me, in my mind

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

life updates..


Hey all, I realized it had been a while since I've had time to update this crazy thing..There's a reason for that and it has to do with me finally finding someone of the opposite sex who's cool enough that I actually want to spend time with them. I'm officially now dating one of the fire-spinning crew, which I initially put off doing for fear of upsetting the group dynamic, but that seems to be a non-issue and everyone's cool. Oddly, I'm seeing Dave, not Ian, who was the one I was lured into the whole fire-spinning scene by in the first place. Ian's nice don't get me wrong, but he's really only good at looking out for himself and therefore not super appealing romantically.. Dave on the other hand has turned out to be one of the most noble people I've ever known. He can come across a bit weird initially, but once he turns off the show-y persona he's quite the guy. I'm having a blast and it's nice to be with someone I consider an equal...
I'm also madly trying to put together show proposals for two very different submission-calls: one for Northbound Leather's Anniversary party and one for the Steamwhistle Roundhouse, which is a venue I've performed in before. I think the spinners and I could put together a nice little 45 min. show. We're thinking of using the Chinese elements as a loose theme. Comments?
I also have a show this thursday downtown that I'm hoping lots of people come to, as well as a fundraiser in December before I go on vacation with my fams. In the new year I have one show in Jan. booked, another burlesque show where I'll attempt to do hoop in heels...And I may be putting together either a new spanish web act with one of the spinners setting (either Ian or Dave) or a handbalance-y contact improve thing for a show in Feb. that's supposed to be about the relationship between Cupid and the Absinthe Fairy. That's what happens when you let hippies plan Valentine's Day parties. And for now, enjoy this super shmoopy shot. Shut up, I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda adore the schmoopy picture, it's very sweet... and you're right, It really is impossible for him to hold someone without it looking like it could morph into a full body lock at any moment...


    But still sweet!

    Also, I got poppet for word verification on this comment... Argh!!

    ReplyDelete