me, in my mind

Friday, December 16, 2011

woah, new post in forevers..anyone still follow this thing?

Hey all, long time no see/post...again. Just an update on the life of me recently...In a nut shell I'm teaching up a storm, doing shows independently and with the company, and trying to have some semblance of a relationship with Mr.Firespinner.. That last part is probably the hardest. We don't see each other during the week very much, I try and meet him for lunch a few times a week, but its getting really expensive. We have a blast together, it's just when we're apart I start to think about the things that grind my gears, namely the fact that I've done most of the sacrificing of time and some expectations regarding one's partner's behaviour and I feel he hasn't ever really met me halfway on an important issue. His health is a big one, he's been given a prescription for a condition that's ongoing and could bite him in the ass unexpectedly which he refuses to take due to the admittedly scary side effects. Fine, no problem, but when he does nothing to change his lifestyle, the beer, smoking, and drugs which really could make things worse, it sort of seems...selfish. Recently he stated that he didn't want to attend my family's christmas. Not because he had other plans or family of his own to visit...he just didn't want to. Selfish again. I don't like this trend. I don't like feeling like a doormat that has to concede to his way or the highway. I don't know what to do..Bring this up now before the holidays and make our trip on new years awkward or leave it for now assuming things work out...Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment