me, in my mind

Monday, February 22, 2010

so...student show

Yeah, it's great that the student show looks like it's going to be a coherent, well-planed, organized affair, but where were all these great things for the last 2 PROFESSIONAL shows? Shows that were slapped together (although not so much the last show...) and then taken on the road, in front of paying audience members where the first show was pulled out of our asses...Yeah, I'm a bit errked that D-man has obviously put some thought into this show and yet is satisfied with doing the bare minimum for our shows. Although by bare minimum, I'm referring to a costume, make-up, scenery respect. Rigging, lighting, and equipment-wise, I've always felt safe and taken care of, but I wish more thought would be taken in regards to what's going to be ON stage. Yes, an old costume won't affect your act trick-wise, but it makes a huge difference in how you present yourself if you have the costume, lighting, staging trifecta in your favor. 
If Eloize doesn't end up happening, I'm going to have to bring this up the next time a tour is brought up. I'm tired of feeling second-class compared to past artists with the company who had costumes made or altered for them and a show that wasn't a re-hash of an older concept. 
Sigh.
I am genuinely excited about doing some designing for the student show, and I'm hoping that what is made for this show can be used in future professional shows. At least we would then be able to pull from a wider selection of costumes...

No comments:

Post a Comment